Do you want to improve your dancing ability? Do you have little to no social dance opportunity? Are you an introvert who wouldnâ€™t rather dance in front of other people? Or perhaps you donâ€™t have enough time to work on your skill because you have school, homework, social life and responsibilities?
You can always practice enough every day from your little leisure time in order to stay on top of your game. So today, we present you with some tips to improve your dancing skills.
1. Listen to some good dance numbers. Keep listening and count the beats. Figure out its structure. There are many videos on YouTube that will assist you on this. In other words, you must know how to count the beats.
ListenÂ to the music with different emotions. See if you can feel the vibe. If you canâ€™t, choose another song that you like.
Once you are OK with the song, find some different versions of the same song and compare the tempo, Candace, and vibe. This will give you a good idea about the steps you need to incorporate in order to match your dance to the song perfectly.
2. Practice every day. Repetition and consistency are the keys to success in dance. You wouldnâ€™t progress if you donâ€™t practice enough, and it needs to be done every single day.
Muscle memory is a term people often use to define the motor skills in dancing. With enough practice, you will know exactly where your muscles are in 3D space around you. With enough practice, your body will be trained and know exactly what it needs to do next, on the fly.
3. Watch lots and lots of videos. Search for your favorite dancers and events on the internet. Watch the video and learn from it. Break it down and start practicing. Learn how they pull off the moves. Re-watch it again till you know the secrets.
4. Dance on the songs that you know of and practice over and over. Keep it going even when you think that you have perfected that song. Start practicing on new beats, or you can invent your own beats too. Learning an instrument also helps as you will be more familiar with the rhythmic quality of the music. Also, don’t forget to practice on different tempos and variations to the same song.
In other words, practice all the time.
5. Donâ€™t skip the exercise. You need to be in a good shape to become a dancer. This will help you to keep going for hours with practice. This is fairly common among dancers. Just look at the professionals and see for yourself. Exercise also helps to keep your body flexible. Do jump rope or any other exercise that you see fit. Just make sure you are not accumulating unnecessary body fat. Being in shape must be among one of your top priorities.
6. Go visit places that will help you get familiar with the local dance scenes. This will help you to meet new dancers and get inspiration. It will also help to relieve all those stresses.